We are dedicated to delivering a 4.5 Star holiday experience to all our guests, please follow this page so you can be up to date with projects happening in and around the Q1 Resort & Spa, Q1 retail precinct and Surfers Paradise.
Q1 Resort Apartments, common areas and recreational facilities
- In line with Government regulations our recreational areas have limited capacities to adhere to social distancing guidelines, at this time the Q1 Day Spa remains closed.
- Your apartment will be professionally cleaned and then sanitised after each stay, utilising a bacterial cleaning agent containing 2-Propanol (Isopropyl alcohol) which is a common ingredient in chemicals such as antiseptics and hospital grade disinfectants.
Your apartment is equipped with its own air conditioner unit with its own return air system and the air conditioner filter is sprayed with a Eucalyptus Oil based disinfectant spray and run for 11 minutes to disinfect the internal components of the unit after each stay.
The common areas are being cleaned every 3 hours from 5am to 11pm and again at 2am with an antimicrobial efficient disinfectant surface spray including all hard surfaces that may have human interaction such as door handles, frames and hand rails. Plus elevator call and floor level buttons and hand rails inside each carriage are being cleaned with the disinfectant surface spray every 2 hours.
Q1 Resort has 10 residential elevators designed to reduce any possibility of overcrowding and as above these elevators are being disinfected regularly. We also have a staff elevator so the staff are not compounding any possible overcrowding situation, all elevators also have 2 ceiling fans to ventilate the elevator carriage 24/7.
- All our swimming pools and the spa water are managed by a self testing and self dosing Brauer Industries automated pool chemical dosing system with probes set to monitor any change to water quality, this enables the system to add acid and/or chlorine to the water 24/7. This system conducts a photo metric water test every 10 minutes, to measure the water quality resulting in very precise dosing and pristine water quality. Added to the system we have employed an expert to manually test and supervise the water quality daily before the pool facilities open to our guests.
A message from the General manager ...
The safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and our Q1 community are our top priorities now and always. We are monitoring the Covid-19 situation very closely and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone remains healthy and safe.
We are committed to delivering and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at our property. Additional preventative measures have been put in place, including reinforcing our strict cleaning protocols.
We've also updated our cancellation policies, if you need to cancel or change your reservation and have booked directly please refer to the updated policy, the Q1 team are on hand to assist with your enquiry. Q1 Resort & Spa Reservations can be contacted on 07 5630 4500.
I also want to ensure you can book your Q1 Resort stay direct with my team with complete confidence. If your travel plans are impacted by the Covid-19 virus which include a stay at Q1 Resort, that has been booked direct with my reservations team, I will credit your accommodation. That credit will be valid for one year, to be used for your next Q1 Resort stay. If you have booked through a third party agent (Booking.com | Expedia | Agoda etc) please contact the third party agent in order to make amendments or cancel your booking
We're working hard to do everything we can to be prepared and address everyone associated with Q1 Resort & Spa's concerns, including;
- Increasing the rigour of cleaning and sanitising procedures throughout the Resort
- Disinfecting common area surfaces more frequently
- Making alcohol based hand sanitizers available to all Q1 staff plus located in the common area lobby and gymnasium for guests and residents use
- Making alcohol based disinfectant wipes available upon request at the lobby desk
- Additionally, we will be continually reviewing our policies and procedures to ensure consistent alignment of our COVID-19 response procedures with the evolving public health advice and guidelines, including that of the Australian Government Heath Department and World Health Organization (WHO). This includes promoting hand washing and healthy hygiene practices among our Q1 community of staff, guests and residents.
Q1 Management is following the advice of local public health agencies, and our Q1 footprint partners, while also aligning with state, federal and global public health guidelines and recommendations.
If you have specific questions about Covid-19/coronavirus, I would recommend you visit the World Health Organization website.
It's an uncertain time, but we are working hard to keep our rooms and fantastic leisure spaces safe for all. Should you travel we will be there to welcome you to Q1 Resort & Spa.
Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you at Q1 Resort & Spa soon.
Resort General Manager | Resident Caretaker
Q1 Resort & Spa
Q1 WiFi Upgrades
Q1 Management Holiday Apartments are in the process of migrating away from a WiFi group to an individual WiFi service for each apartment with a unique login and password for each apartment.
Guests will then benefit from less traffic and an overall increase in speed and performance from the service.
Q1 Internet access INFORMATION
Q1 Resort & Spa have two internet access options for those Q1 guests that require internet access while staying at the Q1 Resort & Spa.
Q1 Resort & Spa now offer free limited capped WiFi in all apartments before charges apply. If the 1024MB (1GB) limit is exceeded guests can then purchase apartment WI-FI via the _Q1HOTSPOT which can be located by scanning WiFi networks on your device within your apartment. Once connected to the _Q1 HOTSPOT simply open a new internet browser (Chrome or Safari) and you will be greated by the login page where you can purchase your WiFi options. Hint: take a screen shot or make note of your WiFi login information once presented as you will need to enter these details into your device if your device is taken away the Q1 Property.
Guests can enjoy free WiFi access in the common areas of the Q1 Property including reception lobby and pool areas, please see the Q1 Receptionist for the daily password.
Q1 guests can also use the coin operated computers in the Business Centre located on level 2 of the Q1 Resort & Spa. These computers are linked to a shared printer. $2 will offer 21 minutes of internet access and printing. Computers take $1 and $2 coins.
SKYPOINT DECK hours of operation
Please find Skypoint's upcoming hours of operation and deck closure information at the below link